World Asthma Day 2016 would be celebrated all across the world on 3rd of May (1st Tuesday of May), at Tuesday.
World Asthma Day is celebrated in the month of May every year that’s why May is known as the Asthma Awareness Month when the “National Asthma Education and Prevention Program (NAEPP)” is organized to encourages the people to take care of their asthma.
Family members and the persons having asthma are encouraged for the written asthma action plan (AAP) through their healthcare provider to fulfill the specific needs of the asthmatic patients such as accurate medications to get prevented from the airway inflammations and environmental causes of asthma like dust mites and tobacco smoke.
You can’t prevent asthma. However, you can take steps to control the disease and prevent its symptoms. For example:
- Learn about your asthma and ways to control it.
- Follow your written asthma action plan. (For a sample plan, go to the National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute’s )
- Use medicines as your doctor prescribes.
- Identify and try to avoid things that make your asthma worse (asthma triggers). However, one trigger you should not avoid is physical activity. Physical activity is an important part of a healthy lifestyle. Talk with your doctor about medicines that can help you stay active.
- Keep track of your asthma symptoms and level of control.
- Get regular checkups for your asthma.